Manage Your Stay
Register for your Esalen workshop online, or by phone:
- Online: Fill out the registration form.
- Phone: Call us at 831-667-3000. We’re here from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
Reduced rates and discounts
Esalen offers a special discount to individuals 65 years of age and older. The discount for a weekend workshop is $25; a five-day or longer workshop is $50. Senior discounts are not available for the Residential Study Program.
- If you’re registering online: select “Senior Discount” to get your reduced rate. (Be sure to select the “Senior” checkbox in the personal information section as well.)
- If you’re registering by phone: ask our staff about the discount during your registration.
Deposits and payments
All fees are payable in U.S. currency only. Overseas residents can pay by credit card, by wire, or with a check drawn on a U.S. bank.
Workshops and A Time to Reflect
We require a minimum deposit of 30% of the total reservation balance to hold your space.The full payment of your total balance is due 10 days before your arrival date and is automatically charged to your credit card. You will receive an email confirming the final payment.If we encounter issues processing your credit card, we will email you a link to make your final payment. Please make the final payment within 48 hours of the notification, or your reservation will be cancelled, and your entire deposit will be forfeited.
Friends of Esalen retreats
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Healing arts sessions
To reserve a massage or other healing arts session, full payment is required at the time of booking.
Cancellations during COVID
During the pandemic, we will honor guest cancellation requests until further notice. All cancellations must be made directly with a Guest Services staff member by calling 831-667-3000.
For workshops taking place December 14 through January 10 that were cancelled due to the stay-at-home order, deposit funds may be:
- Applied to a future reservation at Esalen
- Redirected as a donation to support Esalen
- Converted into a gift certificate
- Refunded in full using the same payment method used to make the original booking
If you change or cancel your stay at Esalen:
All changes and cancellations must be made directly with a Guest Services staff member by calling 831-667-3000.
A cancellation fee applies to all reservations.
- If you change or cancel your reservation more than 14 days before your arrival date, you will be charged a processing fee of 15%. Any remaining amount paid will be refunded to you.
- If you change or cancel your reservation more than seven but less than 14 days before your arrival date, you will forfeit 30% of the cost of your reservation.
- If you change or cancel less than seven days before your arrival date, no refund will be provided.
- Exceptions to the cancellation policy may be made on a case-by-case basis for COVID exposure or COVID-related travel restrictions. Please speak directly with Guest Services at 831-667-3000.
- Guests arriving after September 3, 2021 who are not able to provide proof of vaccination status upon arrival risk forfeiting any refund.
If a workshop you’ve registered for is cancelled:
- You may receive a full refund.
- Subject to availability, you may transfer into another workshop taking place in the same time period as the canceled workshop.
- You may come to Esalen and stay for the duration of the canceled workshop to enjoy our beautiful campus, open classes, healing hot springs and nourishing, farm-to-table meals.
If you applied for a scholarship:
If you applied for and were denied a scholarship, leaving you unable to cover the cost of your registration, Esalen will refund your entire deposit if you cancel your reservation at least five full days prior to the start date. Contact Guest Services to cancel and request a refund. If you cancel fewer than five days in advance, there are no refunds.